Lacy Top Crocheted Booties
Size E Crochet Hook
Baby Sport Yarn
Makes bootie of 3 ¼" length
To decrease, pull up the front loop in the 1st st of the previous row, hold on needle, pull up loop in 2nd st in previous row, then YO and draw yarn through all 3 loops on the hook. Do this 3 more times around toe area. (This forms the foot area.)
Continue sc down the other side to heel. Finish row with 2 sc in same st.
8 – 11: Repeat row 7 four more times.
12. Sc in each stitch all around to heel. Join with sl st to 1st st.
13. Ch 3, turn, 1 dc in each st around. (This row forms the ankle area where the ties will be woven.) Join to ch 3 with sl st at end of row.
14. Ch 1, sc around. Join with sl st.
15. Ch 3, 2 dc in the same st, *skip 2 st, 3 dc in same st,* repeat from * around. (To make "lacier" bootie, *skip only 1 st, 3 dc in same st* around.)
16. Ch 3, skip next st, sc in next st, ch3, skip sc, repeat around then finish off and weave in ends.
Ch 80. Finish off. Weave through row 13 and tie.
To make a Mary Jane style bootie, stop at row 10. Do row 12 and finish off. Slip st and 1 sc 2 st before decrease and ch 10. 1 hdc in the 2nd st from the hook and in each across. Join and finish off. Add a small button to opposite side and slip button through 2nd hdc from the end.